tel: (404) 378-3153 fax: (404) 814-2031
Mission, Vision, Plans & Budget
Governance & Committees
Affinity Groups & Standing Professional Committees
American Association of Museum Volunteers
Association of Academic Museums & Galleries
Historic House Museums Afinity Group
Southeast Regional Conservation Association
Southeastern Registrars Association
Committee on Audience Research & Evaluation
Committee for Museum Professional Training
Development and Membership Committee
Emerging Museum Professionals
National Association Museum for Museum Exhibitions
Public Relations & Marketing
Small Museum Administrators Committee
SEMC Technology Committee
Southeastern Traveling Exhibitions Group
Join/Renew as an Individual
Join/Renew as an Institution
Join/Renew as a Business
Join By Mail
Exhibitor Information & Registration
Terms & Conditions
Student Work in Musems
Scholarships And Awards
SEMC Annual Awards Program
SEMC Travel Scholarship
SOUTHEASTERN RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
Jekyll Island Management Institute (JIMI)
Calendar - SEMC Events
SEMC Networking Groups
SEMC Salary Survey
Members Directory - Corporate
Jobs & Regional News Forum
SEMC Regional NEWS
Exhibition Exchange Forum
Exhibit Exchange for free
Log In For Member Only Resources
Back to topics
EDUCATION SPECIALIST/WEEKEND MANAGER, Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, Springdale, Arkansas
Show latest replies on top
Subscribe to topic
10 Apr 2017 2:15 PM
SHILOH MUSEUM OF OZARK HISTORY
, a department of the City of Springdale, Arkansas, is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of
EDUCATION SPECIALIST & WEEKEND MANAGER
. Interested persons should submit an application, resume, and cover letter no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2017.
This position is full-time, Tuesday through Saturday. The incumbent will help develop, research, and present school and family programs, as well as develop teaching materials, and will serve as receptionist on Saturdays.
Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma or GED or preferably a B.A. in education, American history, or liberal arts. Museum or educational experience, especially elementary age, is preferred. Spanish speaker is a plus.
Starting range is $25,995-$30,583 plus benefits.
To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, and City of Springdale application through
. Please indicate "Education Specialist & Weekend Manager" on your application. Resumes will not be accepted without an accompanying application.
The City of Springdale is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the education manager with education-related duties as assigned and for working every Saturday at the reception desk. (Regular work week for this position runs Tuesday through Saturday.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists with research for and presentation of curriculum-based pre-K to 12 programs and tours.
• Develops and maintains discovery boxes and teaching packets.
• Develops/obtains and maintains teaching collection and reproduction items and educational materials to be used in education programs.
• Assists with research and presentation of summer children’s programs and seasonal workshops.
• Assists with creation, editing, and posting of teachers' electronic newsletter.
• Works 9am-5pm every Saturday at reception desk and, when available and needed, fills in for the secretary/receptionist during the week.
• Greets visitors and provides information to them about the museum and its programs, exhibits, buildings and grounds, etc.
• Answers telephone, takes messages, answers inquiries.
• Assists visitors with museum store purchases, adds up merchandise, makes change, finds merchandise within inventory, etc.
• Troubleshoots occasional problems with equipment, visitors, etc.
• Assists with special museum events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum required: high school diploma or GED or, preferably, Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in education, American history, public history, liberal arts, or related field; museum or educational experience preferred.
Occasionally trains and exercises direction over volunteer education personnel.
Last modified: 10 Apr 2017 2:18 PM |
Back to top
PO BOX 550746 ATLANTA, GA 30355-3246 TEL:  814-2048 FAX:  814-2031
Copyright 2012-2013 SEMC, All rights reserved.
Site by Nicasio LLC